Akdora’s Blog

Programming, Oracle, Life, Fun

Making Eclipse IDE Supports JSF 2.0 October 22, 2012

Filed under: Java,JSF — Akdora @ 8:29 am

Autocomplete was not working for JSF tags in my Eclipse. I googled it and finally found the solution on http://www.mkyong.com/jsf2/how-to-make-eclipse-ide-supports-jsf-2-0/

Thanx Mkyong.

The different thing I did is; I downloaded javax.faces-2.xx.xx.jar and saved in a specific folder. Then I created a user library with this jar. I did not use “jsf-api-xxx.jar and jsf-impl-xxx.jar“.

 

Java Debug Problem “Source not found.” May 23, 2011

Filed under: Java — Akdora @ 6:10 am

Quick Hint:
When you try to debug java code in eclipse, if you get “Source not found.” error with red letters. Here is the solution:
Down Arrow Icon Next to Debug Icon > Debug Configurations > Classpath Tab > Add Projects to User Entries
Add your project that cannot debug to this location.

 

Turkish Character Problem (Türkçe Karakter Problemi) February 23, 2009

When we write jsp pages, we add the following code to the page to encode the characters in desired charset.

<%@ page contentType="text/html;charset=iso-8859-9"%>

Although to add this code, we sometimes face up the character problem.  Expecially, if we change the mimeType of the page. I mean, export the page as excel.

(If you want to export any data in a excel file from jsp, change the mimetpye of the jsp and write your data in table tags)

if (pageType != null && pageType.equalsIgnoreCase("excel")) {
   String mimeType = "application/vnd.ms-excel;charset=ISO-8859-9";
   response.setContentType(mimeType);
   String filename = "MyExcelFile";
   response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;filename=" + filename + ".xls");
   //System.out.println(response.getCharacterEncoding());
}

When you get this problem, try to add the following code in the HEAD tag of the page. It will fixed up.

<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-9">

 I searched this simple code for a long time:), because it think that the first code enough to encode the charset. But it is not.

 

Live Combo Search with ExtJS February 4, 2009

Filed under: Ajax,ExtJS,Java,PL/SQL — Akdora @ 10:39 am
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Live Combo Search with ExtJS

 

If you trying to list thousands of data in a combobox, then you have a problem. I faced this problem a while ago. I was developing the presentation layer with ExtJS. ExtJS has a live search solution for this situation. Check the web page: http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/form/forum-search.html

I will explain the whole story from beginning to end about this online dynamic checkbox control. I will use Oracle XE 10g, Java-Struts with JPS pages and ExtJS. We will pass the data with JSON. You may make some changes in the code. It all depends on you. My metod is just a suggestion.

 

Lets create a procedure that returns a cursor. It also takes an input parameter that’s our search string. We have 60000 rows in  table company. It is also recommended to create an Function-Based Index (FBI) on “lower(t. company_name)”.

s

(more…)

 

July 4, 2007

Filed under: Java — Akdora @ 8:26 am

I started to learn Eclipse, I find this video tutorials for beginning level.
Thanks Dave
Eclipse Video Tutorial by Dave Powell
http://www.bestechvideos.com/2007/01/18/eclipse-video-tutorial-by-dave-powell/